Tuesday 4 January 2011

Happy New Year, Climb on.

I've bored everyone I know about the journey that I'm on. At any point when anyone asks, "So what are your plans?" I always launch into an extended monologue about moving to the Isle of Wight and starting a writing career, and starting a special needs holiday let business, oh and don't forget the NLP. I've been talking about it for so long that it probably seems as though I'm not getting anywhere fast, but I've been gradually edging my way there bit by bit, even if most of those bits are more in Claire and I's minds.

But now, this is the last push. I want to start tracking our progress between now and the landing, so that firstly we can keep people informed, and also that I can collate this material one day in order to help others thinking of embarking on a relocation with a family, including a career change.

I want to keep this blog as informal as it can be, and as simple as it can be, and it will just keep up with where we're up to.

I'm going to be tracking:

- The sale of the house in Stockport
- Getting a redundancy package from work
- Getting my book published
- The progress I make with NLP Coaching and Therapy
- Schools for the kids
- Areas to move to in the Isle of Wight
- Special requirements for Sophie (my Daughter with a Chromosome Deletion)
- And any other cheeky little things that crop up that are completely unknown to me at this stage

I'm going to add entries as and when things happen so that this blog is a true reflection of living with the challenges that we're going to face. It will reflect the ups and downs, there will be some interesting factual stuff, and there will also be a lot of the feelings attached to this type of a move. I want it to be as real as possible, and for this reason I will only suggest to select people that I know to read it.

I know that if you subscribe to this blog using the RSS feed button on the webpage then at worst you will be entertained by a real life drama unfolding week after week, but at best it will be inspirational and life changing.


I'm bored beyond belief with my current career as a Project Manager for a software implementation project, oh my god, even the title sounds boring. This Relocation is going to be the beginning of something massive for us, and I want you all to come along. I've been inspired by books that I have read, including Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, The Secret by Rhonda Byrne and Change your Life in Seven Days by Paul McKenna, all of which have fired me up to succeed. I have also become an NLP Practitioner which is at the root of all of these books, and I now want to inspire others to make the change and grasp it while it's still there.

So here's to a wonderful journey and an enriching experience, and a future of happiness and contentment.




Location:Manchester Rd,Stockport,United Kingdom

No comments: