Thursday 13 January 2011

The Domain of Brilliance

Yesterday bore witness to a number of small events that all work towards the eventual goal. At this stage it's all about gaining momentum, and the small things often are more harder fought than the massive clinchers.




Above is my newly designed and ordered business card. I did this last night and it even has a Matte Laminate Finish. 200 of the little chaps have cost me £52, so not that cheap. But as I expect most of my marketing to be through word of mouth, and recommendations, those mouths need something tangible to pass on. So, a £52 advertising budget for the year sounds ok.

You'll notice that the birds are flying around the sun. The sun is to symbolise the clients journey towards the light at the end of the tunnel, and the birds are there to symbolise the freedom of spirit. (It was also a stock design that I thought was appropriate)

Another big milestone achieved last night is the securing of the company website. After paying £52 for some business cards I thought I needed to make sure that the website that I put on them was correct.

I'd already checked on a domain site that the address was available, but last night I paid for the privilege of using www.thechangeinstitute.co.uk for the next two years, at a cost of £6. Much more reasonable.

So the obvious next step is to actually design a website, which is not something that I naturally lean towards. If I was to have a crack at it from scratch it would look like Dylan had left his crayons out. It would certainly not look like the professional image that I want to generate.

I've an idea to ask a graphic designer friend of mine for some help, assuming that websites are a walk in the park for him.

It doesn't need to be anything too flashy. A couple of pages with information on, and kept very clean. I like the idea of lots of space on the screen. I think that it looks very deliberate when done well, and also it demonstrates that you know what you're doing.

I'll keep the same branding as the business cards so that some obvious continuity exists, and so it doesn't look like it's just been thrown together.

I also have my first client for a phobia treatment. I'm very much looking forward to helping them and getting the ball rolling. When that is successful it should lead to more work, and as it's down south, it's actually more geared to when we relocate.

I'll keep you posted about all of these things as they materialise.

The plan to influence everyone at work to completely reverse their plans, and come round to my way of thinking, didn't exactly go swimmingly the other day. But, again it has started the ball rolling.

There are now discussions to be had around the cast of thousands before any real decision is made, and it could be distorted by the end in to some hybrid solution. I have been told though that if my resource is not required following the conclusion of the 2011/12 planning, that is ongoing at the moment, then I will be made redundant. This doesn't change what I thought already, and it just means that I desperately need to influence that planning.

I'll let you know...

Location:Lydiat Ln,Alderley Edge,United Kingdom

No comments: