Tuesday 3 May 2011

A Birdie in the Hand...




"What?" shouted the man in the yellow polo shirt, as he was interrupted mid-swing by his assistant.

They were on the fifteenth hole of an exclusive course in The Congo and the match was tense. Sir Higginglothan was winning by two and had just missed a birdie chance, and this was the time for the CFO of Astrazeneca to make his move.

The sudden interruption by his assistant was intolerable and what was worse was the knowledge that it must be something that requires his attention. Tiger Woods didn't have to put up with this sort of behaviour.

"Sorry, Sir, but you have a phone call, and they say it's urgent," said the assistant dressed in full suit in the blazing Congo sun.

"Very well," and moved his hand to take the awaiting mobile phone.

"Yes," barked the CFO.

"What?" questioned the CFO.

"Which one?"

"Oh, that, yes I remember. What about it?"

"Have you made the necessary checks?"

"Well, stop it quick then man."

"Good bye."

The CFO hands back the phone to his assistant and, after some more tutting, he steadies himself back down to birdie his putt on the fifteenth.

Although I'm sure I've used some poetic license here, this is pretty much the conversation that needs to happen to end the second half of my project. This should have happened last week and instead has been delayed to this week. So I wait in eager anticipation for the decision that will change our lives.

We had a viewing on the house on Saturday, and although this went well, the usual issues arose. Garden too small and no off road parking. So, we have decided to be included in the estate agents Summer Sale. Which basically means a bit more promotion and marketing and a reduced price for a month. It's only 5% and this will be absolutely fine when we shift it. So, we will now begin to give this more of a push, and I'm sure that it will go shortly.

Another Change session tonight to look forward to as well. Some more money in the bank, and some valuable experience for me. I'm going to try and go hi-tech today by using the iPad to hold my necessary information so that I'm not rustling papers and ruining the mood. So I'll see how that goes and assess whether it works or not.

Plus this would not be a true account of my mood and progress towards the move unless I mention the amazing feat of the Galacticos that won through 3-1 winners against Plymouth, thus opening a berth in the Championship for next season. When we move in the summer, there will be Championship football to watch, which compared to League One is almost a dizzying concept. Isn't perspective an interesting thing. The last time we went into the Championship it was a terribly dark day, but now it feels as though the angels of heaven have stood aside and beckoned us through the gates of pearls. COYR.

Also, this weekend I must have said to ten different people what our plans are for the summer, and offered the same weak answers about what we're going to do when we get there. It is all very flakey at the moment but my resolve is still firm, and I'm one hundred percent sure that this will all come off. We just need one decision to be confirmed in order for the ball to start rolling, like in Indiana Jones when the stone ball moves for the first time in three thousand years, this is pretty much the same thing. It will all make sense in the end, I promise, when we get there and achieve everything I've been wittering about, this will be one massive advert for positive thinking and visualisation.

Isn't it interesting how the middle of BELIEVE is LIE. I'm sure there are many things to be said about that, but I can't be bothered to embark on that road in this post. So, I will reinforce instead... BELIEVE.


Location:London Rd,Alderley Edge,United Kingdom

No comments: