Tuesday 31 May 2011

Watch This




We've finally cracked it. Last week saw the coming of the two biggest milestones that we had to meet, if we wanted to move in August. The confirmation of the pending redundancy was explained last week, and on Friday we agreed a price to sell the house to a keen young couple.

I have a meeting next Monday to finalize the redundancy and agree the package that I'll receive, but that should be relatively academic now that the green light's been shown.

We are obviously restraining the excitement for the house until we have exchanged, which should be quick, as we expressed the desired expedience in the acceptance of the offer. We also pushed to complete in August when we leave, which will mean that we don't have to find somewhere to stay in the interim, to which they have agreed. I'm glad that we suggested this, and doubly glad that they agreed to it.

Now that we've succeeded in getting these two big clinchers out of the way, we can now look forward to the next big ones.

Firstly, we have the small issue of accommodation when we get there in August. We are going to the Isle of Wight at the end of June, to look for a rental property that we can have for three months, starting in August.

But until we know which school Dylan's going to go to, it will be hard to know where to live, as ideally we would live near to the school. So in the same week we will arrange appointments with the four schools that are on the short list. Pick one, and then go get a house.

That should be some week.

I've decided that when we get there I'll take a couple of months off work, so that we can settle in and get the lie of the land. I hope to write quite a bit as well.

I also had an email at the weekend from my first client giving feedback on the big session that we had. She is delighted at how it has changed the way that she thinks, acts, feels about every situation. She feels positive about everything now, and this is a big change, and she has really changed some of her old habits. This really makes me feel good, and spurs me on to generating the same impact in others.

To celebrate the beginning of our new life, and to reward ourselves for the effort that we've put in to get this far, we have bought a lovely watch for me and an eternity ring for Claire. 'An investment' as I said to myself to justify the expense, but I actually think now that it's more than that. It's a convincer to myself that I'm on the right track, and that the future is whatever I want it to be.

I feel so positive now about the journey that I've been on, and the way that it now makes me feel. I am so much happier than before and really excited about the next bit. It really is an adventure, and one that I'm relishing.


Location:Redesmere Dr,Alderley Edge,United Kingdom

No comments: