Monday 11 April 2011

All Quiet on the Western Front


I would imagine that there must have been some quiet moments in the Hundred Years War. Although behind the scenes the General's were plotting and scheming and planning the next invasion or battle, on the surface it all looked calm. No-one can invade for one hundred years. Even the greatest invader of all time, Sven Ingamanns, nicknamed Darth Invader, who originated from Aalborg and participated in the Viking invasions from back in the day, only invaded for sixty two years before his axe finally went limp.

But anyway, these are not just lessons from your hero, but an analogy to the present situation that I'm in. I find that the last two weeks have not provided me with any real product to comment about without running the risk of becoming repetitive like one ant that follows another ant.

But I do want you to know that I am safe and well and surviving. I have now finished my website for The Change Institute (although I may still do stuff on it)(http://www.thechangeinstitute.co.uk/), I'm just about to send the next wave of candidates off to Literary Agents, we've had no more viewings on the house, and I'm still waiting for Judgement Day at work.

On the final item, things have moved on to a stage of boiling point, and the politics have really stepped up a gear. I have somehow been involved in the inner sanctum on the decision of either keeping Phase 2 alive or canning it. All of the stars are now pointing towards the ultimate canning of the whole thing, but obviously as this decision carries with it a sensitive political impact, the decision will therefore take twice as long.

However, if this conclusion is reached then it plays perfectly into my hands, and I can then get wheels in motion. The decision isn't expected until the beginning of next week at the earliest, and so sitting tight is the order of the day again.

I have a one-to-one today with my line manager in which I will once again broach the topic and talk through what-if scenarios, given that a conclusion is near. It will be interesting to see what his reaction still is.

It's getting tenser as it gets closer, and I will update here as soon as it comes.

I'm also going to start writing another book. I enjoy the process of writing a book, and I stopped writing the previous book about six months ago. I'll obviously continue with the touting of Plaster Scene but I'll now begin on the next work of art called The Lost Weekend.

I'm excited about the themes and the scope within this book, and I want to spend a significant amount of time planning it out so that I can make the message as meaningful as possible, whilst maintaining the humour.

No comments: