Thursday 21 April 2011

And... we're off.




The Change Institute has begun. I performed the first consultation yesterday which has lead to some work over a couple of sessions in the next month with someone I know. Once I've made a positive change to that person's life this should then lead to at least one more referral, and hopefully more.

It was great to just start, and it was really good for me to begin thinking about how exactly I frame these sessions. I will continuously tweak how I go about things until it hits the spot every time but in the shortest amount of time as well. Time, as they say, is money, and the idea is to get as much money as possible in the briefest time.

Certain sessions can be carried out immediately, where as others will mean a consultation first in order to illicit exactly what needs to be worked on.

I need to think about the framing of it in order to provide the professional service both before and after. This is what will differentiate my service, and set it apart from the hacks.

But anyway, it's really forced me to identify different things that I'd not thought about before, and the creativity that can be put in to your own business to carve it into something that you want it to be.

Other than this, I've also been putting some time in to my next book, the real preliminary stuff, characters, plot etc and that's pretty enjoyable really. Although I actually enjoy the writing process, the thinking up front is vital and that really centres around day dreaming and I've always been good at that.

I'm actually on holiday this week, and the sun is out for a change, so I've been enjoying playing with the kids and trying to work around it. It's almost a dry run for when we finally move and the type of lifestyle I'm working towards. The conclusion at the moment is that I could get used to this.

If happiness is about achieving the perfect balance in your life for all of the aspects that make up a full one, then I feel that this week is ticking the right boxes. Also, it's about making it enjoyable as well. I guess I have a tendency sometimes to over think things and pull myself away from living in the moment, but this never leads to contentment, and this week I'm concentrating on the positives of everything, and it's amazing how many other things work out right because of it.

The decision on my future is coming to a head hopefully next wednesday at work, and then once that decision is finally made the ball can start rolling and we can start getting a bit of certainty to our plans. This will make me feel much better about everything and take a lot of the stress away that I'm experiencing.

So, onwards and upwards.

Location:Singleton Rd,Stockport,United Kingdom

No comments: