Monday 9 July 2007

Sponge Bob


It was on the way home from work on Friday evening that it all began. There was a light rain in the air and it was gently covering everything in sight with a fine mist. Although the weekend was beckoning, our hero had the face of a warrior returning to battle. He had been away from home for ten hours and had grown accustomed to the quiet, and relative peace, of an open plan office. The telephone rang and on the other end was his wife sounding surprisingly happy.

I received the news that an offer had been made on our house of 10 grand under the asking price, but at least there was interest. So now we had an offer accepted on a house in Marple, and it looked like we were going to be able to pay for it with something. So we were quite happy on Friday night, trying not to get too carried away due to the wisdom that Claire has gained from Estate Agenting for 3 years.

Throughout the weekend we then discussed possible negotiation strategies and inevitable counter strategies. We were like tycoons planning our next venture.

Today, however, our hopes have been dashed by the offer being withdrawn. Apparently the prospective couple have issues with the ease of parking that the house offers. This has not changed since the offer on Friday, so perhaps there car collection has. Either way, we our in the same position that we were in on Friday morning, now we will have to wait for the next sun to rise over the horizon.

Health Check

Sophie was taken to an emergency doctor on Saturday evening because her hand had become inflamed and looked very sore indeed. It does have an infection, and antibiotics have been given to remedy it.

As we were leaving the doctors though, a most surreal event happened. We turned a corner and there in front of our very eyes was a 7 ft Square Bob Sponge Pants urinating in a bush. It took me a moment to fathom the situation, and as I finally came to my conclusions, he pushed off from the small wall, that was holding the bush, and staggered off down the road. At first I thought that I must have inhaled something in the surgery that had caused me to hallucinate, and just as I was in the middle of my ponderings, two 118 men ran past me and carried on down the road in the same direction as Bob. I know that I haven’t had much sleep recently, but still, you don’t expect to lose it that quickly. The sight of Claire laughing behind was enough to convince me that it was not my diminished mind, but a typical Saturday night in Stockport.

No comments: