Thursday 31 May 2007

The Circus is Back in Town


The new lambs have entered the abattoir of freak shows last night. Big Brother gets under way again and will no doubt enter into the conversations of the population as it infiltrates the consciousness. It doesn’t matter if you watch it or not, at some point you will be caught up in a discussion about it. For me this year, I feel that I might be watching it closely, especially at 4 o’clock in the morning when I’m up feeding one of my cherubs.

As usual there is an eclectic mix of freaks and egocentrics, covering a vast area of society, charging in to the house with the sole focus of being a star. On first viewing I would have thought that Chanelle will get close to the end for obvious reasons, and Tracey due to the fact that she will whip out her broomstick and start putting spells on people. Also, note the resemblance between Tracey and Fenella, the Kettle Witch, from Chorlton and the Wheelies.

Anyway, I will keep you posted on the events as they come about. Another issue on the horizon at the moment is the feeling of dread for England getting beat by Brazil and not qualifying against Estonia next week. When I read that we are resting Phil Neville against Brazil so that he can be sharp for the Estonia game, it is not surprising. I don’t think a giant pencil sharpener with a Phil Neville attachment would make him sharp… ever.

The speculation of Southampton getting bought is also interesting reading currently, although I can’t help once again feeling a sense of dread and imminent anti-climax when we find out that there is no one with deep pockets gazing longingly at St. Mary’s.

No comments: