Friday 25 May 2007

The Beginning


This is my first post for a new blog that I am going to keep up from now on. It will inform those that want to know, any latest events in my world, and help those that I have lost touch with to keep touch.

Recently my life has changed quite dramatically. I have become a Dad of two lovely children, Dylan and Sophie, twins by birth only. Dylan is twice the size of Sophie, and poor little Sophie was the reason that for the last 11 weeks I have been going into the hospital every day to give her the love that she needed to grow. They were born 8 weeks early and I have become very emotionally attached to the Neo-Natal Unit at Stepping Hill Hospital, Stockport.

So, this is now a new chapter in my life. One that I am looking forward to immensely, but one that will bring up many new experiences, hopes and fears. I want to keep this as an online diary (a blog, then) for myself to recall one day when I am in my winter years, but also so that I do not have to keep repeating myself to family and friends that live elsewhere.

I like the idea of giving my thoughts on life so that one day I can go back and say, "see, I told you so!" I am not going to give you the pleasure of a boring monologue that welcomes you to my past and present, but I will drop valuable bits of information in as and when you need to know.

My theory is that your life takes the form of a collection of different chapters. So far, my chapters have seemed to fall nicely into five year segments, with little cameos in the middle of some. If I can keep this going for this chapter, then maybe the same emotions will be experienced at the beginning, middle and end of every chapter and I can learn to become a better man. It is often said that "Youth is wasted on the Young", and although I don't class myself as completely out of that category, I do not want to waste any other part of the journey.

Hopefully it will be entertaining enough to read each week or so, and keep you up-to-date with all that's going on.

No comments: