Friday 26 March 2010

Portfolio Career: First Milestone

The journey to reach a Portfolio Career has just reached a significant milestone. I have some incredible news to tell the world. News that the world never thought would be told. Not since Moses stood upon the craggy top of Mount Sinai holding a couple of rocks, have the world awaited such a proclamation.

The first stage of the first stage of my plan was always to write a novel. I have been writing this for a long time, too long really, but now finally the first draft is complete. I penned the last sentence yesterday, and I can now confirm that the last word is 'together', and the butler didn't do it.

I know how much this news will mean to you all, but to me it is a significant point in time. I will now plough on with the edit, and effectively re-write the entire book.

This venture began back in 2008, and although I have taken quite lengthy sabaticals, the important point that I wanted to prove was that I could stick to one thing for a long time, and complete it. This has now been achieved and the edit will take a long time, but psychologically I have proved something important to myself.

The other point that I have proved is that I actually quite like writing. Especially 'made up' nonsense. It's my own world where everything happens because I want it to, and nothing can hurt you. I have found this extremely therapeutic, and I now need to keep up the persistence to get it to the next stage, which is the unveiling of it to other people. A scary proposition but an inevitable one if I want it to be published.

So, that's it for this update. An important milestone, and next week I promise to continue with the progress being made with the identifying of potential portfolio careers.

1 comment:

Barrie Hopson said...

Fascinated to watch your progress and of course in using some of the activities from our book. We will keep an eye on your postings to see how you get on.
Barrie Hopson